Portugal - Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias - Faculdade de Medicina Veterinária, Lisbon
"The name derives from the University of the term "Lusófona" means that the common linguistic and cultural space demarcated by the use of Portuguese language. The University assumes Lusófona with the institution responsible for scientific, cultural, social and economic space of geographically and linguistically with over 200 million inhabitants.
Civil society and citizens in general expect the universities and institutions of higher education in general are one of the poles of the central development of their countries and their culture. In the midst of several hardships and constraints, and a legal framework at national, economic and social is not always favorable, higher education, particularly private higher education, has been playing this a globally positive role in Portugal over the last thirty years. The Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias during this period could assert itself as the largest institution of higher education sub-sector of Portuguese private and cooperative, vital and integral part of the Lusófona Group, the largest project of this Portuguese language learning with schools and training in Portugal and in all Portuguese speaking countries.
Today, the search for a tertiary level reaches levels not seen in the past and the higher education institutions find themselves confronted with public increasingly varied and diverse. Many of these students represent different audiences, such as mature students or foreign origin, the institutions that put new and exciting challenges.
Simultaneously, the higher education institutions are increasingly feeling the need to broaden the base of development of their activities, leaving to focus exclusively on production and accumulation of knowledge, to worry more actively with the distribution and circulation of knowledge between the network of institutions and organizations that gather around it.
Thus, in addition to students and teachers, unique objects of activity of universities in the past, companies and other organizations are increasingly emerging as a central activity of the vertices University and a nuclear pillar of its growth and sustainability. Massification, internationalization, innovation and entrepreneurship, so are terms that have become part of the vocabulary of university life and what matters to each institution able to internalize the activities of your day to day. The changes in the profile of the target groups of institutions have been accompanied by profound changes in teaching and training models, particularly those that resulted from implementation of the Bologna Declaration. Above all, today's higher education institutions are required to define clearly what they want is for their role in society and what is its contribution to social, economic and social community in which they operate.
The Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias has as its core mission through its teaching and research for the scientific, cultural, economic and social development of Portugal and all countries where Portuguese is spoken. In order to achieve these goals the University develops training activities, research and service in diverse areas of knowledge relevant to society, and is constantly and actively establish itself as a valuable partner and indispensable to all those who like her, believe that higher education and knowledge are the main drivers of development and progress of our society." (1)
"Schools, Colleges and Institutes of the University of Lusophone Humanities and Technology:
- Administration School of Lisbon
- School of Fine Arts
- School of Communication, Arts and Information Technology
- College of Architecture, Urban Planning, Geography and Arts
- School of Aeronautical Sciences
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Health Technologies
- Faculty of Political Science, International Relations and Lusófona
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
- Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Philosophy, Mathematics and Cognitive Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- School of Psychology
- Institute of Education
- Institute for Security Studies" (2)
"The objectives of the MSc in Veterinary Medicine, University Lusophone are to provide an adequate theoretical knowledge based on science and high practical experience so that, for future licensees, treatment and prevention of animal diseases, the contribution to livestock keeping health and animal welfare, protection of public health, animal-borne disease by ensuring hygiene and safety of food of animal origin destined for human consumption.
The curriculum is thus comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to preparing veterinarians in the various possible paths of their careers, which include the core subjects:
- Adequate knowledge of the science on which to base the activities of veterinary surgeons;
- Adequate knowledge of the structure and functions of healthy animals, their husbandry, reproduction and hygiene in general as well as their feeding, including the technology involved in the manufacture and preservation of foods corresponding to their needs;
- Adequate knowledge of the behavior, protection and welfare of animals;
- Adequate knowledge of the causes, nature, course, effects, diagnosis and treatment of animal diseases whether considered individually or in groups, among these, a special knowledge of diseases transmissible to humans;
- Adequate knowledge of preventive medicine;
- Adequate knowledge of food hygiene and safety and technology involved in the production, manufacture and putting into circulation of animal foodstuffs or foodstuffs of animal origin intended for human consumption;
- Adequate knowledge with regard to the laws, regulations and administrative provisions relating to the matters mentioned above;
- An adequate clinical experience and practice." (3)
Equipment and Facilities
The Master in Veterinary Medicine has the necessary infrastructure for the teaching of advanced subjects in veterinary science and clinical disciplines, medical and surgical procedures necessary for education of veterinary medical component.
It also has various agreements with institutions and companies related to agriculture and veterinary medicine in order to provide very early to its students, a contact with practical realities existing in the country and entities with future employers, private and public
View other vet schools
<googlemap version="1" lat="38.758702" lon="-9.152534" zoom="16"> </googlemap>