Turkey - Ankara University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Introductory text here
The Veterinary Medicine education in Turkey was first established at the Military Veterinary School in İstanbul in 1842. Later in 1849, the first civilian Veterinary School was founded. These two institutions were merged under the name of Veterinary Higher School in 1920.
Within the framework of the higher education reforms of the Turkish Republic, the Veterinary Higher School, which was transferred to Ankara with all its academic and administrative staff in 1933, was renamed as the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and was attached to the University of Ankara in 1948.
By 1970, The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Ankara University (FVMAU) was, the only faculty of Veterinary Medicine offering education and research since then it has also contributed to the establishment and development of other Veterinary faculties in TURKEY.