Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One species, O. cervicalis (= O.reticulata).
- Large filarial nematode (<30cm); ligamentum nuchae (and limb connective tissue).
- Indirect LC, similar to that fo cattle Onchocerca (which are different species).
- Intermediate host = midge (Culicoides species).
- Limited significance.
- Localised hypersensitivity (oedematous) reaction - to dead/dying microfilariae along ventral abdominal midline (sometimes occurs after ivermectin treatment for general worm control).
- Corneal opacity (very rare in UK) - associated with microfilariae.
|This article is still under construction.|