Shortwool Ewe Breeds
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Lleyn originated from the Lleyn peninsula in Wales.
- Lleyn are naturally polled with a white or cream colour fleece.
- Their head is cream/white in colour with a black nose and thick ears with black spots.
- Lleyn ewes have good maternal instincts and are known as a relatively easy care breed.
- This breed has become more popular in recent years due to its versatility for lowland or upland breeding.
- The Clun Forest originated from Shropshire in England.
- They are a docile breed that have a distinct face that is dark rich in colour, narrow and free from wool; except for a wollen top knot on the top of the head.
- The Clun Forest breed are polled.
- Clun Forests have black legs and feet, free from wool from the hock downwards.
- They can adapt to a variety of conditions and are known as a relatively easy care breed.
|Shortwool Ewe Breeds Learning Resources|
Test your knowledge using flashcard type questions
|Sheep Breeds Flashcards|