Mobile: 07979 665819
What I hope to get out of this project
I'm here because I think that the Wiki Vet project is a marvelous idea to integrate the pathology content of the vet schools to provide a common source of resources for all vet students, residents, researchers and practicing veterinarians. I hope to be able to build the backbone of a system that will grow and evolve as time goes by and look forwards to creating a new and innovative system of learning.
My best learning experience
I learn best when I'm able to put in to practise what I am being tought. My best learning experiences have therefore been on my EMS where I have been able to perform operations, euthanasias and other wonderfully useful and interesting procedures.
...that I like
I'm interested in most aspects of pathology and appreciate cardiopathology the most.
...that I dislike
I can't say I'm particularly great at neuropathology and would benefit from additional teaching and resources in this field
Day one thoughts
What (three things) I learnt today
- Individuals require differing processes of 'learning' to achieve understanding and competency in a subject.
- An indvidual who is forced to learn using a method that is refractory to their way of thinking will only achieve limited gain from a resource.
- I gained confidence in using the wiki editing style and managing file uploads and pictures.
What I still need to learn
As we go along we need to learn to make sure that we don't turn this into a text only site and bring in other methods of displaying information.
How I feel about what has happened today
I'm enthused and very eager to get cracking - I wish I had more than the 2 weeks!
Three weeks into the wikivet project (or thereabouts)
Sections I've been working on
What I feel I've gained so far from being involved in the project
- Building a site that is going to be of significant benefit to students and interns
- I feel quite Wikicompetent!
- Being part of a team and watching the site grow because of the group effort.
Problems or issues that I've had or can forsee
- No problems as yet I've not been able to resolve
- May need to adopt a better naming system for pages as some are quite vague and may need to be refined
My suggestions for improving the way the project works for the future
- None really - working pretty well as it is!
- Once all the material is up it might be an idea to go through it all for a week or so and majorly interlink the pages
- Formatting contents pages etc. to have some continuity?
What involvement (if any!) I would like to have with the project in the future
- Continue to imput suggestions for learning environments
- Flashcard and other tools updating
- Advancing to a clinical side of wikivet and implementing more concept mapping for these sections