Receptivity Behaviour - Anatomy & Physiology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Copulatory behaviour of females that insures insemination.
- Sexual activity of the postpubertal female is confined to oestrus ('heat').
- Short Period of sexual receptivity limits the time during which precopulatory behaviour occurs.
|Consummation Behaviour||Homosexual Mounting,Standing to be Mounted||Presents Hindquarters to Male,Clitoral Exposure by Labial Eversion,Pulsatile Contractions of Labia||Immobile Stance||Immobile Stance||Tail Deflected to One Side,Urination in presence of Male,Affectionate Head Rubbing||Elevation of Rear Quarters & Hyperextension of Back ('Lordosis'),Presentation of Vulva,Tail Deviation|
- Highly specific female motor response associated with 'willingness' to mate.
- Triggers significant sexual arousal behaviour in the male.
- Once the male discovers that the female will display lordosis, he becomes sexually stimulated.